what I did to poor Charlie on Friday. After hanging out with friends we decided it would be fun to do a little bargain shopping at Goodwill. So, I pulled in and went to get Charlie out of the car. I realized he had peed through his pants so closed the door and went to the front to get an extra pair. Too bad I had already locked the doors! So, Charlie (who was unbuckled), my purse, my phone, and my keys were all locked inside. He thought it was hilarious (until the end when he started getting pretty agitated) and loved the opportunity to dig through my purse. The nice people at Goodwill were nice enough to call 911 for me and three police officers came to my rescue. Brett also started driving up to save us but the police beat him to it and were able to slimjim Charlie out. He was a little sweaty and my purse was pretty much destroyed but he doesn't seem to have any other damage. We heard it was cool to lock your kids in the car though - Charlie's buddy Cal just experienced it and so did Jennifer Garner's little girl, so Charlie is in good company. At least the tabloids weren't there.
6/30/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Welcome to the "locking your kid in the car" club :) Cal and Charlie can share stories when they're older about their bad parents!
I have yet to do that...but I am sure my time is coming! Glad help arrived quickly for you!
Post a Comment