8/06/2008

World's Greatest Coach

Today is probably the saddest day I have experienced in my almost 27 years. Coachie died about an hour ago. When I look at this picture my heart literally breaks in two. She was part of everything in my life. She was there when I was born, she was right there when Charlie was born. She was an integral part of every celebration in my life. She gave so selflessly every day. She is the only person I have ever met who really had no agenda and just had a genuine loving heart. She would have done anything for me or my family. She loved us so much it would make her tear up. Her memories were only good. I don't think she remembered a bad thing about anybody. There will be a hole in my heart until I meet her in heaven. Without her right now, it is hard to find joy. The only joy in her death is that she knew Jesus and is home with him. I think she is probably playing a tennis match or going for a jog with everyone she loved who beat her there. I think she is playing with the two babies we lost, my Great-Grandma Helen and her beloved Lucille and Johnny, I think she is praying for us who she left behind because she can't stand it when we are sad. I pray she is just sitting at the foot of the lord just basking in his majesty. Coachie - I could never put into words how much I love you. You were always a rock for me and always there. Thank you for your late night calls and the nights you tucked me into bed. Thank you for hanging out with me when I was in college and all by myself. Thank you for your positive attitude even when you should have been angry and sad. I will never be able to live like you but you will inspire me every day to be kinder, more generous and more loving to everyone in my life. I will never stop missing you and loving you. Thank you for your beautiful smile and always being "pretty good". Every time I eat a BLT or Kraft Mac n' Cheese I will imagine you there with me. And the first time we take our kids to Disneyland, you will be there with me in my heart and it will remind me to not get frustrated when the line is two miles long. I'm sorry you won't be on that trip with us. I miss you and I will always miss you. Goodbye Coachie. I miss you so much. I'll never be the same because of you or without you. I'll see you soon. Make sure everyone in heaven stays fit until we meet you there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emilie and Fam, We are both extremely sorry to hear about lossing Coach. I have fond memories of her growing up, she was a staple around the Kiser house. She'll be missed greatly.

Caleb, Bree, Zane and Claire said...

We are sorry to hear this...you are all in our thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Emmie, Brett and Charlie. I wish you could have known Coach as long as I did. Close to 40 years. I will always remember her bringing us ruffles potato chips, french onion dip, and welch's grape juice. She took us to the mountains to sled in the snow. She hiked with us, gave us her sage advice on school, life, and how to be the best human beings we could be. She saw the best in everyone. She even thought that O.J. Simpson was innocent for heaven's sake. I love you Coachie Woachie. You were my sister, aunt, friend, and everything good in my life. You were proud of me long before I was able to be proud of myself. Save a place for me in heaven. I may need you to put in a good word for me. Love you. Dizzy Lizzy

Renee' said...

I'm so sorry Emilie.
Praying for you and your whole family at this sad time.