8/04/2008

Trip to Portland

Charlie and his Mom decided to brave an Amtrak ride to Portland this weekend while Dad was working a long weekend. We went to visit our friend Stacy and her kids Ben and Lily. We trucked all of our things on the train by ourselves (including the pack n play) and Charlie was terrible! He didn't sit still for more than 30 seconds and didn't sleep one wink on the four hour trip when he was supposed to be napping. Then, exactly two minutes before we got to the Portland station I turned around for a second and this is what I saw when I looked back! Yes, he finally decided to mellow out just in time for our ride to end. Sorry the pic is sideways. Blogger is being annoying and keeps rotating my pic no matter what I do. Does anybody know how to fix it?It was great to see Stacy and the kids but honestly, it wasn't that fun. Stacy has a broken arm so she was no help to me with Charlie and I was so busy chasing him I was no help to her. The highlight of our trip was a visit to The View Point Inn in Corbett for a delicious lunch and beautiful view. They just filmed part of Twilight here. Charlie had fun trying to crawl in the beautiful pond.
We don't have one decent pic of the kids because Charlie was a nightmare all weekend. He couldn't be away from me for more than two seconds (unless he made the decision to walk away). He was clingy, whiny, didn't sleep and pretty much tortured me for 48 hours straight. Here is a pic that sums up the weekend. Ben trying to wrangle Charlie, Charlie crying, Lily being cute and Cole acting like a ham.
The train ride home on Sunday was going much better (Charlie even slept for 20 minutes!) when we got bad news that the train was coming to a stop due to a pedestrian accident. So, we were stopped for an extra two hours and Charlie and I just walked circles around the Tacoma train station. Despite his bad attitude the rest of the trip, he was a trooper on this adventure. He thought it was fun to sit at the counter of the dining cart, as you can see below. Boy, were we glad to be home when the train finally rolled in at 6pm Sunday night. It was good to see Dad and his helping hands!

1 comments:

Caleb, Bree, Zane and Claire said...

We have had these kinds of trips...