Brett has really been wanting to try and start our own holiday traditions at home. So, this year we made an early Thanksgiving dinner. It was Emilie's first time cooking the entire meal on her own and Charlie's first chance to eat everything on the table. Last year he was stuck with mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes.
Getting ready for the big day of cooking.

Most of dinner. I did cheat and make a turkey breast instead of a whole turkey.

While we were cleaning up Charlie found the pumpkin cheesecake pan and managed to scrape every last piece of ginger snap crust off the pan without getting noticed.

After all that food both the boys ran out of steam and spent most of the evening watching football and reading on the couch.
Overall cooking the huge meal wasn't as hard as everyone says it is. The cleanup, however, is a different story. 5.5 hours after eating the kitchen still hasn't quite recovered.
5 comments:
How fun! Yay for cooking the entire meal! I did that last year and had fun!
I'm attempting to cook the whole meal on Thursday as well! My first turkey!! Your dinner looked yummy:)
Em, I love you but your updates are way too far apart...you spoiled us in the beginning and now I check everyday...
Refer to November 24th Blog!
Post a Comment