12/23/2008

Winter Wonderland!

We braved the roads on Sunday to come up to Anacortes to celebrate Christmas. We heard they had a lot of snow but thought they were being dramatic. As we barely made it up Grandma and Grandpa Kiser's driveway in 4WD we encountered about 2 feet of snow!
Doesn't the house look pretty?Charlie was thrilled to find Uncle Jon (or Nonny as he calls him) there to play. He thinks he is the funnest guy around! It started snowing soon after we arrived and Uncle Van and Aunt Patty arrived on quads. Brett was pretty excited to go out to Whistle Lake for a ride. Later Charlie got to ride around on it a bit too (just down the driveway). I have a video of it I'll try to upload soon. It is pretty incredible how much snow they have! Here we are playing in the backyard. Charlie thinks it is pretty much the best.
Charlie and Brett got to go sledding also (thanks for the sleds Grandma Sue!) and he also thought that was great. Uncle Jon would race them down the hill with puppy Max in his sled. Emilie wasn't allowed to sled said Brett.
After the boys were thoroughly frozen after sledding they went in the hot tub (Charlie's favorite new word) to splash around and get warmed up.
Brett has been out crabbing in the cold with Grandpa Mark and Emilie has been relaxing at the house getting caught up on stuff. Today we will leave the Kiser house to head to Grandma Sue's (a whole mile away) until Christmas morning. I'm sure we will post lots more pics of our fun trip soon. Hope you are safe in all the snow!

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Great pictures! I don't think Charlie could have a bigger smile. Can't wait to see you all on Christmas!

The Hansen Family said...

Looks like so much fun! I can't believe how much snow they have, I don't think we ever had that much snow in A-town! Merry Christmas!