Charlie is 20 months old this week! I can't believe how fast he has turned into an independent, funny, hungry and curious little boy. He is becoming much more obedient and much more defiant (depending on the time of day) and although he tests our patience often I don't think we have ever enjoyed him more. He loves to be my "helper" and surprisingly he actually helps. Like when I ask him to get a clean diaper or bring me a kleenex. Here are some things we did this week when we weren't laying around with Daddy.
Helping mom make yummy overnight french toast. He was in charge of the almond streusel topping.
Playing with his buddy Boaz, they are pretty good at giving each other hugs.
I told him we were going to go for a walk and it was very cold (it was 33 degrees). He is becoming very opinionated about his outfits (and everything else) and this is what he thought was appropriate for our walk and even put it all on himself. Pajama pants, a "coat" as he calls it, a baseball hat, and a sword apparently were all he needed.
After about fifteen minutes, we finally settled on this outfit. Pink gloves of moms, boots, sweats over his pajamas, a real "coat", and a winter hat over his baseball cap. The neighbors caught a glimpse and couldn't help but laugh.
Charlie got to play with his buddy Cal and I think he finally met his match if he were to enter an eating competition. This is Charlie's first friend who has been able to keep up with his serious love for food (and lots of it!). When one ran out they just stole the food off the others tray and continued to eat for half an hour after Brett and I finished.


3 comments:
Absolutely adorable...boy does he remind me of someone! Thanks for the update, I hope that you are feeling better. Hugs! CFGA
It's so cute when they start to actually help out! Zane is such a big helper to me and it gets better when the baby gets here. He really started taking an interest in helping, it's been great!
That cracks me up about the boys eating!! Thank you guys again SO much for watching Cal. I'm pretty sure he had a blast. Please let us repay the favor and watch Charlie sometime.
Post a Comment