2/18/2009

Baby Update

You may have heard already (word travels fast in my circle) but we had a bit of a scare last night when I started having contractions and dilating. After monitoring my contractions and giving me some medicine to stop them I was sent home to be on bed rest for the next twelve days until I hit 36 weeks. At that point, she is welcome to make her way into the world. Any of you that know me well know how much I hate to sit still so this is a bit challenging but I'm very thankful to have lots of help from grandparents and friends until I'm free to be on my feet. We would appreciate prayers for our family in this situation.
My dear friends must have known Della might need some clothes sooner than we thought because they threw me a wonderful breakfast shower on Monday and I got all kinds of adorable pink (and one red) things, including the world's smallest bathing suit. Thank you Jessie for hosting and breaking out your china for Della and I! It was wonderful!

7 comments:

The Bryzelak Family said...

Take care and keep baking. I will be thinking nothing but good thoughts for you and Della. Can't wait to see her precious face on your blog.

Caleb, Bree, Zane and Claire said...

I hope you are able to get some rest for the next couple of weeks, easier said than done, I know. I will be thinking about you! I am mailing out the boppy cover tomorrow! And I am including a couple of items of clothing that Claire never got the chance to wear and has outgrown.... :)

Kelsey said...

I am sorry that you are on bed rest, at least it's not for very long. It will be nice for you to be waited on a bit before Della arrives because rest is very rare when you are taking care of two! Take care and we are thinking of you.

The Hunter Family said...

We're thinking of you guys and sending positive thoughts of your little girl staying in your belly for a couple more weeks.

The Heaviland Family said...

Della totally heard about her adorable swimsuit and just wants out to try it on!!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you & your family, Em. Let me know if you need anything at all. Can I bring you a meal? Can I come help with housework? You've helped me with so much, I'd love to return the favor. Love, Bina

Anonymous said...

love 2 c the lil tinypussy that will cover!