8/27/2009

28!

I had a very fun 28th birthday last week on August 20th. It was a whole week of celebrating and I felt so spoiled. I haven't had a birthday like this since I was a kid!

Brett and I went out to dinner in Laconner the night before my birthday before he had to go back to work. It was so nice to have some quiet time with him. Then we got up early on my actual birthday to catch the ferry to Friday Harbor. Here are Aunt Patty and Della snuggling on the ride. Uncle Tommy and Mama Mary came too! When we got to the island we rented Mopeds! That is me, the lone girl, on the right. I was pretty sure that the guy who showed us how to ride them thought I was going to crash. I was pretty happy to come back and prove to him I didn't.
Looking cool on my moped.
We rode over to Roche Harbor for lunch while Mama Mary, Aunt Patty and Stephanie hung with Della in Friday Harbor. Here are Marky, Jon and Tommy eating lunch.
My Dad even pretended to have a good time.
The boys were so cute with Della. Jon, Drew, Mark (not pictured) and Myles were very sweet playing with her. After mopeds we took a break from shopping to get a margarita. Della thought it was fun to dance to the Mariachi music. But when we told her she couldn't have a margarita, her attitude changed. Eventually all that fun tuckered her out and she fell asleep. While we were having fun on the island Charlie was getting spoiled at Mama Sue's. Him and Aunt Paula did some coloring. When we went to pick Charlie up we had surprise cupcakes for my birthday and some very nice presents. Della got to snuggle Rachel a little bit before it was bedtime. Charlie really loved those yummy cupcakes. Here he is trying to talk Grandpa Don in to sharing. We had to head back to Seattle the day after my birthday but the fun wasn't over yet! My very sweet friends took me to Lola for dinner and doughnuts. You must check those doughnuts out here. Here are all those sweet friends previously mentioned. Thank you ladies! Thank you to my sweet husband, fun friends and awesome family who treated me so good on my birthday!!

2 comments:

Bina said...

Happy Birthday, my sweet friend. Hope we can get together soon. Love, Bina

Whitney said...

I am sorry I missed your birthday, it was awhile ago! The moped part looked really neat! And kudos to you for proving to the instructor that girls can ride them.