11/01/2009

Defeated

We caved and gave Charlie his binky after nine days of no nap and very little sleeping at night. If he still has in kindergarten, feel free to make fun of him and us. We just couldn't fight the battle anymore. However, one good thing that came out of it was we know how well Charlie remembers things and can no longer act like he doesn't understand. We read him this poem for several days before taking his binky away then when we gave it back he started mocking us by repeating it over and over.
Bye-bye, binky. It's been nice -
But now I'm taking good advice!
Bye-bye, needing you each day.
It's time to go outside and play.
You used to help, but I have grown,
And I can do things on my own!

2 comments:

The Hansen Family said...

That is an awesome video.. One thing that can come out of this is Charlie has quite the memory (and quite the capacity to mock..). :)

Anonymous said...

Oh My...