2/25/2010

The Zoo

We are so blessed to live super close to the zoo and have a membership so we get to go all the time. With last week's gorgeous weather, we went twice. I realized recently how different my kids lives are compared to Brett's and mine when we were kids. We have so many activities at our fingertips here in Seattle, we are going non-stop, mainly for my sanity, since otherwise we would be cooped up in our tiny house. Compared to growing up in a small town where you knew all your neighbors and had lots of places to run unsupervised, this is very different for our kids! I don't think either is necessarily better but I often long for the freedom of living in the woods like I did as a kid. Brett in particular dreams of room to roam. For now we are enjoying our urban life and are super thankful for the little fenced in backyard that we do get to enjoy when the gorgeous Seattle sun pokes out from behind the clouds.

0 comments: