Those of you that know me, know how much I love to eat. I also love to cook but only because I love to eat. My children inherited this quality from me as we all love food, especially when it is delicious. So, when I heard The Pioneer Woman was coming to town to sign her awesome cookbook, I was so excited I could barely talk. I told Brett I hadn't been so excited since I met Della. That tells you how eventful my life is.
I have been making a slow effort the last year or so to cook healthier and more natural and organic, and to eliminate processed foods from our diet. However, one or two nights a week we eat like we love to, with butter, vegetable oil, sugar and more sugar. So, on these nights, I often go to the Pioneer Woman who has yet to make something that wasn't delicious. When I heard she was coming, I knew I must go.
After 4 hours of waiting and a few snafus like a lost ticket, my perfect cowgirl hair getting rained on and my friends ditching me (I'll forgive you someday Jessie) I was able to meet the Pioneer Woman. It was surprisingly not awkward and I didn't say anything super embarrassing. I haven't swooned like this since the 1980's when I was obsessed with New Kids on the Block.
Thank you to my dear friends Renee and Dan who happened to see me there all by myself, gave me a ticket, stood in line with me and let me invade their date night for several hours. My face hurt after all those hours of talking with Renee and it was wonderful. Also, thank you to my dear husband who hung with the kids all night! I left him a Marlboro Man approved casserole as a thank you, Chicken Spaghetti. He said it was the best thing he had ever eaten.
How I left my family as I headed to meet the PW!
Can you see the "try not to act like a nerd" look on my face?
Please excuse how exhausted I look. I waited four hours!
I have been making a slow effort the last year or so to cook healthier and more natural and organic, and to eliminate processed foods from our diet. However, one or two nights a week we eat like we love to, with butter, vegetable oil, sugar and more sugar. So, on these nights, I often go to the Pioneer Woman who has yet to make something that wasn't delicious. When I heard she was coming, I knew I must go.
After 4 hours of waiting and a few snafus like a lost ticket, my perfect cowgirl hair getting rained on and my friends ditching me (I'll forgive you someday Jessie) I was able to meet the Pioneer Woman. It was surprisingly not awkward and I didn't say anything super embarrassing. I haven't swooned like this since the 1980's when I was obsessed with New Kids on the Block.
Thank you to my dear friends Renee and Dan who happened to see me there all by myself, gave me a ticket, stood in line with me and let me invade their date night for several hours. My face hurt after all those hours of talking with Renee and it was wonderful. Also, thank you to my dear husband who hung with the kids all night! I left him a Marlboro Man approved casserole as a thank you, Chicken Spaghetti. He said it was the best thing he had ever eaten.
How I left my family as I headed to meet the PW!


2 comments:
Dear Emilie. I know that I am a lame friend who ditched out on the 2nd most important day of your recent life :) May I remind you I was at your side like 5min after Della was born? I realize that's probably not going to make up for it. There's only one thing that can remedy a rift like this...a PW chocolate sheet cake. I will present one to you soon as a humble peace offering.
Dear Emilie - You are the funniest person I have ever met. And I do NOT think you look dorky in the slightest. Amazing how our idols have changed.. :)
Post a Comment