Brett's brother and sister-in-law were visiting from Salt Lake City so Mama Sue took us to Whistler for three nights! When I was a kid we did a yearly August vacation to Whistler so I had lots of good memories here and it was fun to do some of the same stuff with my kids. So, here is what we were up to in pictures:
Della ready to get the party started!

We spent a ton of time at the pool. It was cold and rainy so I actually never got in but Brett and Sue were kind enough to brave the pool for the kids. I tried so hard to get a good pic of Charlie in the pool but this picture describes it all. He pretty much just jumped in, over and over again.
Della discovered the joys of hot tubbing.

This is the guys watching a quite amazing bike stunt show. We just happened to be there over an event called Crankworx which is apparently the world championships of extreme mountain biking.

When I was a kid we ate a ton of ice cream in Whistler so we let Charlie carry the tradition and he joyfully ate some every single day.
A highlight of the trip was one evening when a bear sauntered out on to the bike course, right in front of our hotel window. It isn't that impressive in the picture but it was pretty cool to see a huge black bear so close!!
Della had to sleep in a drawer because there were so many people. Just kidding, she was just pretending.

A family photo where almost everybody is smiling? Nothing short of a miracle! This was on our walk to Lost Lake on a drizzly afternoon.

How dare you not let me eat sand??

Can you see how much they love the pool?
One very special night after several restaurant meals where the kids wouldn't eat anything they were so distracted, I gave up and fed them PB&J's beforehand in the hotel room. So, as a result Charlie got to have ice cream for dinner. Can you see the excitement on his face?
When the ice cream really arrived, he was amazed at his luck.

There is nothing sweeter than both the kids falling asleep in the same bed. Especially this huge king size bed where they looked so tiny. One of the highlights of this summer of travel for us has been how flexible my kids have become. They would have never slept in the same bed before!
We went to the kid zone in the Upper Village and I've never seen Charlie so happy as he was in the bouncy house. I think we need one of these things for our backyard. :o)
Our hotel was wonderful, the Pan Pacific Mountainside. Thanks Sue for taking us! This is Charlie and I getting ready to go home. Boo!
Before we left, the kids got to share one last ice cream cone. Charlie picked raspberry gelato, a choice his mother was very proud of. He always picks "the pink one". Isn't he a kind brother to share so well with Della? She isn't so nice about sharing.
It was such a wonderful trip. I think Whistler is one of our all time favorite places to vacation in the summer. We can't wait to go back!


0 comments:
Post a Comment