Dear Della,
Where did two years go? On Saturday we celebrated your 2nd birthday. I can't believe you aren't a baby anymore. You are already a big sister! You have brought such joy to our family this year. We just adore you. A day doesn't go by that somebody doesn't look at you and just say "Isn't she the cutest?". You have the most bubbly, fun, outgoing personality of anybody in our family. You pretend to be shy but you aren't at all. You talk non-stop and use such full sentences and phrases. I think your vocabulary is better than mine. It has been so amazing watching you grow and seeing the differences between raising you and your brother. Disciplining you is a piece of cake compared to your stubborn big brother. However, the drama and emotions are a new part of parenting I'm still trying to figure out. I love the way you laugh at life Della, your love for food (you got that from me) , how much you adore your big brother and the way you already mother your baby sister. Your curly blond hair brings a smile to my face everyday and those big gray eyes of yours brighten up our house. This will be a fun year for you. You will learn to ride a bike (your birthday present), figure out how to be a middle child, and hopefully learn to learn to sleep through your brother's 6am tormenting. I wish I could freeze time most days and capture your funny comments, loud outbursts and bouncing curls. I know someday they will be just a memory because the years pass to fast. I thank Jesus for you sweet girl and look forward to spending your third year of life with you.
Love, Mommy


1 comments:
Oh Emmie, this brought tears to my eyes. I love your kids so much. Looking at Della is like looking at you when you were her age. You and Brett are so blessed to have such a beautiful family and your kids are also blessed to have each other. I love you! Aunt Lizzy
Post a Comment