4/28/2009

Back in the game

Brett told me I needed a break and I should get out of the house for a couple of hours this week while he was home to watch the kids. He had nice suggestions like getting my nails done or hanging with a friend but I have been dying to get out to do some deal shopping without kids. Since we started cooking again this week I did a huge trip to Safeway to take advantage of their Living Well Promotion. If you have a Safeway or one of their affiliates near you, I would do this before it is over next week!
Here is a pic of my haul at Safeway. I wish the picture did it justice. It was amazing what I was able to get for $31! If I were ambitious or had more time I would make a list. Click on the pic to make it bigger and you will get the general idea. A few items were missing from this pic (cream cheese and pasta) also but I did save 83% overall. Had I paid full price, this would have been about $200 in groceries. I did this by pairing manufacturers coupons with the Living Well deal. Check out Abundant Food Savings for details. One disclaimer, it took about two hours. Here is what I was able to get at Target for a profit of $12 this week!! By using a coupon for a gift card with a new prescription I was able to get two prescriptions and all of this using coupons and the $20 gift card. And I still have $12 on the gift card left! Deal Seeking Mom helped me out with this one! Thanks!

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

You are amazing!

The Hansen Family said...

P.S. You have a wonderful husband!

Heather said...

Wow! You rock.