9/10/2009

Goodbye Long's

This is a little past due because the Long's actually moved to Alabama last week while we were in Salt Lake City. It has been pretty quiet around here without them and I wanted to show you how we spent our last days together! Carter and Piper are regulars around our blog because we pretty much saw them every week for the last 2+ years. We are so happy for their new job and opportunities in Huntsville, but life sure won't be the same in Seattle without them!
Charlie stole a few last kisses from Piper And the girls talked about all kinds of things Brett and Andy skipped a few rocks Carter and Charlie followed suit We posed for pics in front of Pike's Place Market
And sat around catching up
We ate yummy doughnuts fresh from the fryer
We took a little ferry ride
The boys ran around the docks making us feel nervous
We had playdates at the coffee shop
And the boys fought over a stick
While the girls laughed and played
We tried not to cry as we spent our last days together
And we had one last potluck to wish them farewell!

Do I only have one shirt you ask? No, I have more. I just apparently really like that blue plaid one.

3 comments:

Caleb, Bree, Zane and Claire said...

The shirt thing made me crack up. Sorry about your friends. :( That is no fun to be so far away!

The Longs said...

Oh, we love you guys so much. We miss you tons already!

Whitney said...

Aww! I actually didn't know they had another baby, Piper is such a great name. =) I'm sorry that you lost good friends to Alabama, but it's neat that you were able to spend so much time together.