Yesterday was Charlie's half birthday and I can't even believe he is 2.5 years old! Where has the time gone? I know, I know, I've said that a million times before. Oh how we love this kid. He is stubborn, sleepless, strong willed, wild and loud but we wouldn't trade him for anything. He is also smart, energetic, funny and loving. At times this age is really a trial but we feel pretty blessed to have enjoyed this not so little guy for the last two and a half years. Here are some things he is up to right now:
-Finally is saying "I and me" instead of talking in third person
-Can recite the alphabet and count to ten
-Knows only three colors - red, blue, and orange. We are seriously concerned he might be color blind because everything else is black.
-Started waking up at 5am after 2.5 years of being a perfect sleeper
-Loves playing with his sister and making her laugh, and also beating her up when mom isn't looking
-Is obsessed with cars, trucks, tools, guitars, balls, cowboys, flipping lights off and on and pretending to take naps
-Loves movies, particularly Cars, Ice Age and Veggie Tales
-Knows that all things belong to Jesus, even holes in the ceiling
-Has a sudden uninterest in food (unless it is cake,cookies or candy) even though he has been a piglet since birth
-Says one inappropriate phrase "Dang it!" which he says repeatedly and loudly
-Can throw a fierce tantrum that can go on for hours
-Weighs an estimated 34 pounds
-Gives the best sloppy wet kisses and sweetest bear hugs
-Loves his Grandmas and Grandpa more than his parents
-Probably a million other interesting things I can't remember due to lack of sleep
-
11/16/2009
2.5 Years Old!
Posted by
The McFarlane Family
at
11/16/2009
Labels: birthday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Happy half birthday, little dude!
What a sweetie pie!
The years are flying by aren't they?!
You and Brett are doing such a great job :) We love you all!
We used to think Braedan was colorblind at that age too cuz he mixed up colors and didn't seem to see them. It may go away with age. Don't give up hope. Turns out Braedan is NOT colorblind and I would have bet money he was at that age. Did online tests and everything!
Hmmm, I think he sounds a lot like emilie at this age...especially the candy part. He is absolutely wonderful, just like his mommy! Aunt Chrissy
Gotta *love* the picky, won't eat toddler phase...It gets better!! Zane is coming around little by little. :)
Post a Comment