Happy 1st Birthday Della!!
Where a has year gone? My baby suddenly isn't a baby anymore, now you are a toddler. You crawl up and in everything. This week I have found you under the kitchen sink playing with dishwasher detergent, standing up on a chair and crawling down the stairs (you never told me you could do that!). You are the most opinionated one year old I've ever met and when you want something you tell me by pointing at it and saying "this". You are waddling all over the house and say lots of words. It seems like just yesterday you were just a newborn baby in my arms.
This has been such a fun year. You have been such a blessing to our family. Your brother adores you and is a happier little boy because he has you to play with. He constantly is reminding me not to forget you, to give you snacks, that you need your mommy. He is very concerned about you always. Your Daddy adores you even more and his face lights up the moment he looks at you. It is going to be hard for him to say no to you little girl because he thinks you can do no wrong. It is so fun to see him play with you, talk with you and cherish you. You have changed mommyhood for me. Since you are my second sweet baby I get to enjoy you so much more. The unknowns were gone when you were born and I had realized how fast this stage goes, so I have gotten to spend the last year just enjoying you being little and appreciating all your sweet snuggles. I have loved dressing you up everyday in girly clothes and what a mama's girl you are.
At one year old you love to eat, point, wave, snuggle, play outside, give kisses, chatter and get in to everything. Your best friend is your brother. You can't sleep without your binky or baby and you are scared of all stuffed animals that move. You have the biggest, most beautiful smile I can even imagine and the best part is you are generous in sharing it. I have never seen a child eat as much as you or throw a tantrum as quickly as you. You are just like your mama, Della, you love food and getting your way. Because you are so much like me little girl I want to share these verses with you as I pray they will be an encouragement to you as you grow. I pray for a content heart for you in plenty and nothing and especially when things don't go just as you desire. I pray that you would rest in the Lord's plans for you and know they are greater than your own. These are lessons your mama still is learning and I pray that I can be an example to you and teach you well. I also pray for you, sweet girl, that you would be a graceful pillar, strong and beautiful and a blessing to all that know you. You are a blessing to me little bug and I thank the Lord that he picked me to be your mama.
Phillipians 4:11-12- I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Psalm 144:12 - May our sons flourish in their youth like well-nurtured plants. May our daughters be like graceful pillars, carved to beautify a palace.
3/19/2010
Happy Birthday Della!
Posted by
The McFarlane Family
at
3/19/2010
Labels: Milestones
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Very very sweet post :) Hard to believe Della is a year already! She is so adorable!
Happy Birthday Della! I can't believe it's been a year. What an adorable little girl you have!
This brought tears to my eyes. Happy Birthday, Della. Em, you are a beautiful person and an amazing mom. Love to you all.
Oh my Emilie, Della is very much like you! She is just as sweet and precious as you were at that age. Love you all! Aunt Chrissy
Post a Comment