This weekend Brett went to the Mens Advance at our church, the kids went to Anacortes and I was left alone for 48 hours. I'm going to be honest, it was wonderful. I thought I would miss them a lot, and I did, but it was so nice to have a quiet, clean house for a couple days. Here are some of the things I learned while I was on my own:
- My husband and kids are an amazing blessing. They are loud, messy, exhausting and awesome. I'm thankful to have them.
-Without my family around there literally are no dirty clothes or dishes, I could get used to that.
- It is amazing how productive I can be without having to work around naptime, feeding kids, cleaning up their messes, changing diapers, etc. What in the world did I do with all my time before I had kids?
-Even with 48 hours of perfect quiet, I still didn't get most of the stuff on my to do list done. I had to constantly remind myself to not get sucked in to the worldly view that without getting everything done and done well, I have failed. Romans 12:2
- I have got to convince to let me take my new laptop to bed with me. The highlight of my weekend was getting to catch up on stuff snuggled in my bed. Since I now have a beautifully backlit Macbook, I might be able to convince him.
- Sabbath is good, and I am thankful for the time I had alone with my thoughts, bible, to do list and friends. I sure was glad to see my family on Sunday, however!
Thanks to my parents and Brett's mom for taking care of the kids. They had a wonderful time. Please send me pictures of their adventures!
Speaking of pictures, I don't have any new ones to share with you for the first time ever. My camera has been dead and it has been so rainy we have just been hanging out a lot inside not doing many activities! We did go to the Children's museum yesterday and to the park today, but as I said, my poor camera is dead. Hopefully new pics will be coming soon!


4 comments:
That is great that you got some alone time, I am very jealous!
What a great time to relax and recharge! And so nice to see their smiling faces after a couple of days:)
I think that maybe you should consider spending some time alone on the east side...I know of an aunt that would love to watch the kids...don't you think they should hang out with someone other than the Grandmas?
I had this a few weekends back and I literally roamed around the house for a few hours before I could get my thoughts in focus. How was I ever productive before I had kids and was forced to be efficient? :)
Post a Comment