2/15/2011

Life is full!

I really have been terrible about blogging lately. The kids are so busy and so fun right now. They also are exhausting and time consuming. I love the ages they are at. Charlie is so in touch with what is going on and doesn't miss a beat. Della is the most verbal toddler I've ever met and I'm enjoying getting to know her sweet little personality. They are both excited for the baby to arrive and will be the best big sister and big brother. I just cleaned out the camera in anticipation of needing the room for pics of the new baby. Here are some pictures I thought were worth sharing from our last few weeks. We've been trying to do lots of activities that are special and focused on the kids in anticipation of the baby arriving and not having as much time to do big kid stuff.


Della learned to sleep in a big girl bed! It took a few days of falling asleep on the floor.
Could this boy have a sweeter smile? This is his favorite spot at the zoo.
Could she have prettier eyes? This animal is called a skink. Creepy, huh?
Fun class at a new gym called Great Play.
We've been taking lots of neighborhood walks in the wagon. My motivation - get this baby out!
Fun at the zoo with friends! Coach would have loved taking my kids to see the gorillas. I miss her everytime we go.
I told you, it is his favorite place at the zoo.
Swimming at the neighborhood pool. I even went in a huge maternity swimsuit that was too small. It was not pretty which is why I am not in the picture. Both the kids have always loved the water but Della is a natural. I think she'll be swimming before Charlie.
I've been working on patience as Charlie has reminded me lately that I'm not a very patient person. This has included trying to let the kids bake with me. They love it! I am learning to love letting them destroy the kitchen.
We've been practicing for the new baby. Della thought being swaddled was hilarious. So did the rest of us.
We've had some gorgeous and cold sunny days. It has been awesome to get out of the house and enjoy some of our favorite parks.
The kids are totally in to movies. After years of them not even being interested I now spend most of the day explaining why we can't watch TV all day. However, we do family movie nights, which both kids love. It is amazing how excited they get over plain popcorn, orange juice and Charlie Brown. I wish they'd stay this simple forever!
That is all I have for now. Lets hope the next pictures are of our new little babe!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

looking forward to the new pics of the baby!

Cyndi