5/19/2011

Boston

Last week we went to Boston for a long weekend to visit our friends Jake and Kylee and my cousin Leanna and her kids. We figured if we wanted to do a trip this year, now was the time. It's hard to leave when I'm nursing and newborns are so easy to travel with. Anyway, we had a blast and got to see lots of fun Boston attractions. Some of the highlights for me were Minute Man National Park, Mike's Pastries and Old North Church. I'm pretty sure that Brett's highlights were quality time with Jake (his first love before me), Texas Roadhouse and getting to watch ESPN on the airplane. Caroline's favorite part was getting her mama and daddy all to herself for the first time ever. Here are some pics from our trip.

Caroline meeting her cousin's Alistair and Sofia. How cute are they? It made me kind of sad to not have Charlie and Della there to squeeze in this chair.
Our first Red Sox game. I'm such a fattie right now, as you can see!
It was so sweet of the whole stadium to sing "Sweet Caroline" to our little sweetie during the eighth inning. Or do that every game? :o)
These two are trouble. Don't worry, we didn't let them go on the subway all by themselves with the babies. We were chaperoning.
Caroline really liked the brewery tour at Sam Adams. She didn't believe that I used to be in the beer business. She thought I was always in the milk distribution business.
An obligatory picture of a sweet old building in Boston.
Lobster Roll and Chowdah in Quincy Market? Of course.
Brett really enjoyed the lobster roll. Can you tell?
Who is this chunky baby? Could she be this big?
Me: "Brett, please pose with the Mike's Pastry box for the blog."
Brett: "Grrrrrrrrrr. I hate that blog."
This is what was in the box. I almost died when I ate the cannoli, it was that good. I thought I was going to puke but kept eating it anyway. It could not be wasted.
I just love the old buildings in Boston. Enough to risk my daughter's life to hold her up in an awkward position for an interesting photo of their rickety old streets in the North End.
"You have a baby, in a bar." Caroline really needed a black and tan and a shot of Jameson before she boarded that plane back to Seattle.
Speaking of planes, she was a perfect traveler. Brett and I actually loved the plane ride because we got to watch cable channels and snuggle this little peanut.

2 comments:

The Heaviland Family said...

What a fun trip! I laughed out loud at the caption of Brett with the pastry box.

Krista said...

I love the "first love" comment.

good old jake.