So, the title probably gave it away and yes, the rumors are true, we are expecting! We are excited to add another baby to Team McFarlane next February.
We have been back and forth this week on if it was appropriate to make the big announcement to the whole world (actually, the whole internet) about our news. I was convicted that my desire to protect myself from publicly dealing with another miscarriage was just to attempt and minimize the loss I would feel. I would be dishonest to say that being pregnant again doesn't bring me anxiety and fear, but no matter who would know, the pain of infertility and losing a baby wouldn't be easier. By sharing our news with you, good or bad, we get to celebrate our new child and this exciting time we get to enjoy with them.
So, for today, the news is good! I have had good blood work this week and despite some earlier signs of miscarriage, the baby appears healthy. This pregnancy has brought me more joy, peace and contentedness than any of my my previous pregnancies. The Lord has changed my heart so drastically in the last three years since becoming a mom. This pregnancy I feel like I can truly grasp the blessing, challenge and gift this baby will be. I am so excited to get to be a mom to this baby whether I get to enjoy them here on earth for two weeks or sixty years. The Lord has better plans for my children and myself than I do. Thankfully, I can rest in that.
This verse has continuously popped in my head this week, as a reminder that my life, struggles and blessings here are of little importance and that my identity and joy is not found in my current situation but in my identity in Christ. No matter what tomorrow brings, I can trust him.
James 4:14-15: "Yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say,"If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that."
Thank you for your prayers for a continued healthy pregnancy, that I would love my husband and kids well in the midst of the sickness that has come with my previous pregnancies and for all of us as we get ready to be a family of five!
We have been asking Charlie how he feels about having a new brother or sister and his reply is consistently, "I don't want a new baby, I want to keep Della." We have eight months to make sure he understands we don't have to give her back.


10 comments:
Congratulations!! How exciting!
We are praising the Lord with you!
Congrats! Praying with you guys!
Congrats McFarlane Family! I am so excited for you guys!
Congrats! Looking forward to your company in the "mom of 3" category! All I can say is get lots of sleep now! :-)
I am so thrilled for you Brett and Emmie. I am assuming that you will save a weekend or so for me to come and babysit so you two can go out on a date? I love you all and cannot wait to meet my new Grand niece or nephew. Love you. Aunt Lizzy
What awesome news!! Congrats McFarlanes! You guys make parenting look so easy and have amazing kids and I am sure #3 will be no different.
You and Brett make me feel that the parenting of two will be possible. Although, my favorite thing about you is that you don't pretend that it's easy and pretend that you are perfect. You let us all know that it's okay to feel crazy and overwhelmed at times while still loving your children to pieces.
Put together Team McFarlane and Team Hansen and Brett and Mike will have their own little peewee baseball team. :)
Congratulations! This was a beautiful post, thanks for sharing your heart, and your news with us. I'll be praying that it's more like sixty years!
Congratulations to all of you. Thanks for being vulnerable and real. Your faith is such an encouragement and beautiful testimony of God's all surpassing worth and perfect goodness. I will be praying for you. Lots of love, Bina
Isaiah 26:3 "3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you."
Post a Comment