You may remember the binky debacle of 2009. We attempted to take Charlie's binky away (see details here) and nine days later gave it back (see details here).
Anyway, back to the latest news. Last week after a venture to Toys R Us, which Charlie thinks is the best place on earth, he started begging for a new bat and ball. Being the brilliant mom I am, I capitalized on his greed (he has three bats in the backyard) and told him if he wanted a big boy bat he needed to be a big boy and give up his binky. That night at bedtime he refused it and fell asleep in minutes. The next day he even went down for nap no problem! So after two naps and two bedtimes we took him to get his bat and to Red Robin to celebrate this big achievement.

Lessons learned from this:
1) Don't stress out so much about stuff like binkies. Eventually they'll be ready. Remind me of this when I try to potty train Della.
2) The kids are smarter than me. After he got his bat and ball, naps pretty much went out the window. I think he has napped 2 days in the last week which has made for a grumpy, aggressive boy by 5pm. We are now working on 2 hours of quiet time a day.
3) My kids grow way too fast. I think I just might cherish the binky stage with the others a little longer. Did you watch that video of Charlie last year? He is so big and grown up now!


0 comments:
Post a Comment